We run a popular Aftercare Facility to care for our children after school hours.
Management and Ethos
Our Aftercare Team aims to provide a “home from home” environment of nurturing and safety, where children are encouraged to learn and develop valuable life skills, e.g. socializing, communicating effectively and co-operatiing with others.
Senior Aftercare Manager: Mrs Adele Potgieter (Ms Dee)
Senior Aftercare Assistants: Shelley van Acker & Mrs Debbie Odumuko
Junior Aftercare Manager: Mrs Michelle Fernandes
Junior Aftercare Assistants: Ms Queen Manona, Mrs Vivienne Dlanga, Ms Eunice Kanyerere & Mrs Phillida Dudley
Parents of children in the Satellite Class must speak directly to Adri Beretta.
Aftercare is first and foremost a service for our full-time working parents. Thereafter we are able to accommodate other children depending on our numbers and the parents’ need.
Hours and Fees for 2017:
Monthly fees are charged for 10 full months (excluding only January and December).
Our Grade One and Two children are with Adele, Shelley and Debbie in our Reception Grade Classroom and playground from 13:00 until 14:30 or 17:30.
Reception Grade children are with Michelle, Queen, Vivienne, Eunice and Phillida in their own Aftercare Room from 12:15 or 12:30 (Grade Reception) until 17:00.
Children who are half day will go home at 14:30, while those children staying for a full day will join Adele’s senior group in our Reception Grade area from 17:00 until 17:30. Michelle accompanies them and remains their principal carer.
Summary of our Aftercare Rules:
1. Please send extra lunch and a change of clothes.
2. It is essential to have a cap daily, even in the winter months.
3. Please notify aftercare staff of your child’s extra-mural commitments, or any change in plans / person collecting : – a telephone call or even better, in writing. The message book system is useful for this.
4. Safe play and co-operation is encouraged at all times.
5. Areas of play: Reception Grade classrooms and tarmac playground and jungle gym – always within visual range of supervisors.
Homework and Aftercare:
Homework or part of it will be done daily for those Grades One and Two children who remain in Aftercare after 15:45.
We use only one entrance – the one in Crown Crescent, which has remote-control access. It is monitored by the Senior Aftercare staff.
All Junior Aftercare children need to be signed out in the register on collection.